Buderus Oil-Fired, Water Boiler Upgrade in Madison, Connecticut
The Gumbrecht family called Wilcox Energy to perform an annual boiler tune-up in their Madison CT home. They had an aging oil-fired Burnham boiler that was located in the crawl space.
During our tune-up, Mackinley Foster, one of Wilcox Energy’s expert boiler technicians, noted that the boiler was nearing the end of its lifespan. After discussing this with the family and determining the best home heating solution for their home, we recommended a Buderus water boiler upgrade for their Madison CT home.
Problem: The Gumbrecht family had an old Burnham boiler that was nearing the end of its service life.
Solution: Wilcox Energy removed their old oil-fired boiler and performed a Buderus water boiler upgrade in their Madison CT home.
Heating System Installation In Madison Connecticut
The Gumbrecht family needed a new boiler in their Madison CT home. As mentioned above, their old Burnham boiler was located in the crawl space. There was no outside access or stairs to enter into the crawl space. The only access was through the pantry that was located in the kitchen. For this reason, we knew that the removal of the old boiler and indirect water heater was going to be difficult. Likewise, the installation of their new boiler would present some challenges as well.
This installation was labor-intensive. We sent five of our best HVAC technicians to complete the job. The installation of their new 5-Section Buderus Boiler with a Heat Flo Shorty indirect was completed in one day. However, we returned the day after to remove their old boiler and conduct a final clean-up.
To remove their old system, we would have to do it in pieces. The old system did not come apart easily and required some heavy hitting and equipment. We used a sledgehammer and a Hilti hammer to get the sections to split. This way, we could take the pieces of the old boiler up through the access one by one.
Our team would have to transport the pieces through the house to successfully perform this boiler replacement. The removal required two technicians in the crawl space. They would hand the pieces up through the crawl space to the remaining three technicians in the kitchen.
The Gumbrecht family was happy that they called Wilcox Energy. We were able to perform this boiler installation quickly so the family did not have to go without heat for long. Also, we were able to find a new system that matched their heating needs perfectly. Now they will enjoy a higher level of comfort, reduced energy costs, and a reliable home heating system for many years to come.
Because Wilcox Energy was able to go above and beyond their expectations, they wrote a 5-star review:
If you or a loved one need superior HVAC services, give Wilcox Energy a call. Our home heating services aim to improve your comfort, energy efficiency, indoor air quality, all while reducing your home heating costs. Furthermore, by working with us, you can expect to receive fast and competitively priced HVAC services. Satisfaction guaranteed. Call today to schedule a free consultation.
Buderus G115/4 Forced Hot Water Boiler In Madison CT
Wilcox Energy highly recommends Buderus boilers to all of our customers. Buderus is known among HVAC experts for manufacturing boilers that deliver reliable performance and energy-efficient operation. The Gumbrecht family was interested in paying less for their home heating costs without the need to compromise their comfort. So, we recommend the Buderus G115/4 forced hot water boiler for their home.
This Buderus hot water oil boiler features:
- High efficiency – 87% AFUE
- 5-year limited heat exchanger warranty with a 1-year limited warranty on combustion and electrical parts
- Premixes the oxygenated air and fuel to produce a clean-burning flame that has reduced emissions
- Burner is stainless steel
- Cast-iron heat exchanger that is resistant to thermal shock
- Outdoor reset control that automatically adjusts to meet the homeowner’s heating demands
- Easy maintenance and servicing due to very accessible swing door
- Thermostream design
- There are no refractory parts, ensuring a long, reliable lifespan
- Outer shell is cast iron and is resistant to corrosion
- Legs are adjustable
- Water temperature adjusts to meet outdoor conditions
- Accessible swing door for maintenance and servicing
- Three-pass boiler design
- To ensure correct venting, this boiler has two ETL approved venting options
Because this boiler offers so many features, the Gumbrechts will feel far more comfortable throughout the cold Madison winter seasons. Furthermore, they improved the energy efficiency of their home and will pay less on their home heating costs. Therefore, this boiler system offers an incredible return on investment. The Gumbrechts are happy they called Wilcox Energy for this boiler installation.
If you have an inefficient heating system in your home that is approaching the end of its lifespan, then it is time for a replacement. Purchasing a new heater is a hefty investment. However, it will pay for itself in just a few short years. Call Wilcox Energy today to see what your options are. Financing is available for those with approved credit. Call now to find out more.
When To Repair Vs. Replace Your Home Heating System In Madison
At some point, all homeowners need to decide whether they should fork over the money for a repair or replacement of their heating system. This is always a tough decision. Heating system repairs are far more affordable than replacements. However, how cost-effective is it to keep dumping money into a system that is on its way out? Where do you draw the line?
Old heaters are notorious for frequent breakdowns and inefficient operation. They also have a hard time maintaining a comfortable temperature. However, as we mentioned above, where do you draw the line? We all know that “band-aid” fixes really get you nowhere. Furthermore, no one wants to replace their unit prematurely either. Below, we discuss some tips that you can use to help you make this decision.
When To Choose A Heater Upgrade In Madison CT
Below, we outline some tips that indicate the need for a replacement:
- Heating System Age: All furnaces and boilers have an expected lifespan. For furnaces, it is between the 15-20 year mark. For boilers, it is well up to 30 years or so. However, all of these figures are ideal and based on systems that receive proper care. This includes an annual heating system tune-up, filter replacements, and more. Also, it is important to note that a system loses it efficiency as it ages. Therefore, even if you don’t have a repair on your hands, it may be a good idea to replace your unit for the sake of improving the energy efficiency of your home.
- Heating System Repairs: As a heater ages, it requires more and more repairs. This is usually due to normal wear and tear on the system. If your system is reaching the point where it requires one repair after another, then it is time to opt for its replacement. After all, HVAC repairs are costly and can certainly add up over time. Invest your money on a new system instead.
- Hot/Cold Spots: An older heating system will have a difficult time maintaining a comfortable temperature in your home. When you notice that some of the rooms that are closest to your heater are warm, while the ones that are farthest from your heater are cold, then it is time to invest in a new heating system.
- Increased Home Heating Costs: An aging boiler or furnace loses its efficiency as it ages. For this reason, it will work harder to try to maintain a comfortable temperature. If you notice that your home heating costs are slowly escalating without any reasonable justification, then it may be time to replace your unit for one that is more energy-efficient.
- Excessively Noisy Performance: When a system is straining, it will produce an unpleasant noise when it is on. Be sure to tune-up your system annually to prevent unnecessary problems.
When A Heating System Repair Is A Better Option In Madison CT
In some cases, it is more economical to repair your heating system. Below, we outline a few situations where this is true.
- Newer Heating System: For heating systems that are still considered relatively new, then it makes more sense to repair it rather than replace it. After all, a newer system should still have a few more years under its belt.
- HVAC Repair Cost: If you are facing a furnace or boiler repair cost that is less than half the value of your heating system, then a repair makes more sense. This is all the more true for systems that don’t require repairs often and are expected to last a few more years.
- Selling Your Home: If you plan on selling your home, talk to your realtor about whether you should repair or replace your heater. Sometimes a repair is all that it takes to help sell your home.
- Heater Maintenance: If your system has been heating your home for a few years but is expected to last a while longer, then be sure to maintain it. This can help prolong its lifespan and it can prevent unnecessary strain and repairs. It is an excellent way to put off a premature replacement. Call Wilcox Energy to find out more.
Advantages Of Replacing A Heater In Your Madison CT Home
There are various benefits that come with replacing an old heating system. Some of them are listed below:
- A new heating system will allow you to save money on your home heating costs and HVAC repair costs.
- A new manufacturer’s warranty will come with your new system.
- Tax credits and rebates are generally available for energy-efficient heating systems.
- New heating systems are more energy-efficient and consume less energy. Replacing an old unit with a new one makes your home more environmentally-friendly.
- A new heating system can provide improved comfort and reliability.
Call Wilcox Energy For All Of Your Home Heating Needs
Table of Contents:
- Heating System Installation In Madison Connecticut
- Buderus G115/4 Forced Hot Water Boiler In Madison CT
- When To Repair Vs. Replace Your Home Heating System In Madison
- Call Wilcox Energy For All Of Your Home Heating Needs
If you require a new heating system for your home in Madison CT or the neighboring area, be sure to call Wilcox Energy today. At Wilcox Energy, we provide our customers with superior HVAC services that outshine all of our competitors.
Our NATE certified technicians have years of experience to deliver effective, knowledgeable, and skilled services. Our goal is to improve your comfort, energy efficiency, indoor air quality while reducing your energy costs. We can achieve all of this while working well within your budget.
Also, you can have peace of mind by working with us. We back all of our work with a written guarantee to ensure your satisfaction. For fast, friendly, and affordable heating and cooling services, call Wilcox Energy today to schedule a free, in-home estimate.
For more information about our HVAC services, be sure to contact Wilcox Energy. You can click here to contact us, or you can call us at (860) 399-6218 to find out more. We offer a full line of heating and cooling repairs, maintenance services, and installations.
for Madison, CT
Nadine - Madison, CT
Great job. Vidal went above and beyond. Very professional and skilled.
Great service experience!
Ray - Madison, CT
John, Vee, Greg and Bill were very professional and courteous! They worked as a Team and got the job done in a timely manner.
Mike - Madison, CT
Just had new ac installed. Friendly knowledgeable team. Took time to explain what they recommended and how system worked. Good humored despite hot day.
Elizabeth - Madison, CT
Vidal is professional and personable. He communicates well and works efficiently. We look forward to having him in our home again when we need service.
Matt - Madison, CT
Jake and Bill were on time and did an outstanding job installing my new A/C system. I would highly recommend the Company and especially Bill and Jake.
Vito - Madison, CT
Fantastic service and wonderful communication of work performed. Great knowledge of subject matter
Katherine - Madison, CT
The service technician was great. He fixed, explained the problem and was clear about what the charges would be. Over the years Wilcox has been consistent, quick to respond when there is a problem and a pleasure to work with.
Very pleased with service and tech.
Paduano - Madison, CT
Jack - Madison, CT
Roger and Jake came for a tune. They arrived on time, were professional and friendly, and answered all questions.
On time great service
Gary - Madison, CT
No issues. Pleasant, on time, informative
New Yorker boiler installation!!
No heat Bryant Furnace.
Wry Dee oi8 r. Z4s. M n n.v ad n belt h. Wawwaaa b 3e. The 3 g z
Propane delivery during power outage to fuel an on demand whole house generator.
Installation of new AC
New AC installation
New Trane outdoor unit AC install.
Damper replacement honeywell
Air Conditioning Tune Up
New Trane AC install.
Train air conditioner tube up
No A/C Trane unit, bad capacitor.
Reset call on burnham boiler.
tags: -72.5754149, 06443, 41.2959908, 41.2959908 -72.5754149, case studies, high efficiency oil boiler in madison ct, how much does a new oil boiler cost in madison ct, madison ct, new boiler cost including installation in madison ct, oil boiler installation cost in madison ct, oil boiler replacement companies in madison ct, oil boiler upgrade in madison ct