We all know putting things off is something we shouldn’t do. This aspect is especially true when it comes to the air conditioner in your home. There are many reasons why it’s a good idea to have AC maintenance performed during the springtime.
Most people know they can save money in many ways when it comes to AC maintenance. A few incentives include:
- System longevity
- Lower energy bills
- Prevents expensive AC repairs during peak season
Benefits Of A Springtime AC Tune-Up Old Saybrook CT
There are several financial benefits of seasonal AC maintenance. How about the non-financial benefits and reasons?
Some of the non-financial benefits and reasons include being able to prevent an array of illnesses such as the flu, colds, and allergies. Service checks in the spring are typically easier to schedule than they are in the summer, which is the busy season.
With that said, below are several other reasons why you should get your AC checked during the spring:
- Prevent Illnesses- As mentioned earlier, AC systems can play a role in reducing allergens and airborne impurities that can cause illnesses. Therefore it’s in your best interest to maintain your system.
- Flexible Scheduling- It is far easier to get an expert to service your AC system in the spring than having them come to your place in the summer. Instead of waiting for days or weeks, you should be able to book a service check within a day or two. Also, if your system requires any repair work, you won’t have to go without an AC unit at the peak of the heat.
- Keep The House Comfortable- Having regular maintenance performed is the best way to ensure your home remains comfortable. You shouldn’t let a dirty AC system or busted components hamper your AC’s effectiveness. Instead, you should have your AC serviced in the spring, that way your home will be comfortable throughout the summer.
Reasons For Springtime Air Conditioner Maintenance
There are many reasons for having your AC checked and maintained in the spring. Some of the top reasons include:
- Efficiency- If a system is running as good as it can, then it means it will be efficient. ACs that have to work harder than necessary due to clogs and dirt, leading to higher energy bills. A technician can perform a maintenance check and then thoroughly clean your AC system.
- Summer Breakdowns Are Costly- During the off-season, it can be cheap to get your AC fixed or have maintenance performed on it. If your AC requires repairs during the peak season, then you could easily be left on the hook for a lot of money. Technicians are in very high demand during the summer season. The best time to have maintenance done is right before summer arrives.
- Higher Energy Bills- When a system is in disrepair, then you can expect high energy bills. There are a few signs that indicate that your system needs servicing. Some of these signs include clogged ducts, dusty coils, leaky ducts, to name a few. Other symptoms include uneven temperatures throughout your home. If you experience any of those signs, then you should hire an expert to inspect your system right away.
- Increase Your AC’s Life Expectancy- All major appliances need maintenance if they are to last for a long time. In regards to ACs, maintenance can mean a lot of savings. The healthier an AC unit is, the longer it will last.
It’s a good idea to have an annual checkup. A service technician can perform an inspection, as well as perform maintenance on your unit. If you notice any of the previously discussed signs, then it’s time to call in a professional.
Springtime AC Tune-Ups Save Time & Money
Homeowners can reduce their expenses in the long-run by adequately maintaining their AC systems. It will also keep them cool and comfortable during the hot summer months.
With that said, when the time comes to get an AC tune-up, you should contact the professionals at Wilcox Energy. Our technicians are NATE certified, and they will inspect your system and thoroughly clean it. In turn, you will reduce your energy bills.
Feel free to contact us today with any questions you have or to schedule an appointment. We are standing by to answer any questions you have or to provide you with an estimate. If you want to save money and reap the benefits of a properly maintained AC system, then contact Wilcox Energy today.
Some of the areas we service include Deep River, Old Lyme, Old Saybrook, Westbrook, and these zip codes: 06417, 06371, 06475, 06498, as well as all surrounding areas in the Southern Shores Of Connecticut.
For more information about our HVAC services, be sure to contact Wilcox Energy. You can click here to contact us or you can call us at (860) 399-6218 to find out more. We offer a full line of heating and cooling repairs, maintenance services, and installations.